I wrote this in 2012, but I read it every Mother’s Day, because it reminds me that motherhood is my biggest blessing. Here are just 30 things (among many) that becoming a Mom taught me…
1. Being a mom made me realize I really wasn’t the center of the universe, like I thought I was.
2. Nothing beats rocking a freshly bathed, sleepy, wrapped-up-like-a-burrito newborn.
10. Viewing the X-ray of your seven-year-old’s fractured tibia due to a misplaced kick in a soccer game, you realize your best protective abilities will never be enough.
19. No matter how often you tell your kids you love them equally, they don’t believe you. Only God can remedy this.
27. Seeing humility and compassion in your offspring is a greater reward than seeing achievement or success.