I was flipping through old posts yesterday, and this one from 2014 took me back to a glorious week…
I’m at the beach this week with some women friends, and I’m experiencing/learning some wonderful things.
1. I’m living in a house just yards from the beach, where not a car engine is heard, and the waves lull me to sleep.
2. I saw horses yesterday strolling on the beach, just like my sister and I were. LIVE horses. On the BEACH. I didn’t have my camera at the time but got pictures later of their footprints in the sand.
How cool is that? I wonder which house they’re staying in.
3. I’m writing without interruptions. I stop only when I can’t feel my legs anymore.
4. I’m sleeping in a king-size bed with my sister. There’s room for two other people in the middle.
5. I’ve washed dishes only once in four days.
6. Brownies are available after every meal. Sometimes brownies are the meal.
7. There are women who stay up to ’til 3 a.m. to finish a 500-piece jigsaw puzzle. I don’t get it, but God bless ’em.
8. At the beach, a wardrobe consisting of a bathing suit and PJ’s really is enough.
9. In a house full of women, the TV is rarely on. Nobody misses it.
10. There’s a toilet here that whines after it’s flushed. Poor thing must be tired.
11. Fruit smoothies are better in martini glasses.
12. I now remember to take off the watch before entering the hot tub.
13. Women can laugh about everything. And nothing. In fact, nothing’s even funnier.
14. Food tastes better if you didn’t make it. I don’t care what it is.
15. It’s OK to take a nap after you just get up.
16. Hair spray is a total waste at the beach.
17. At 3 p.m. it’s time for chocolate.
18. We can’t remember what day it is. And we’re OK with that.
19. I’m getting so relaxed and ploppy, I’m beginning to repeat myself. I’m getting so relaxed and ploppy, I’m beginning to repeat myself.
20. You can get wacky pictures like this…
I’m so doing this again.