Today is my husband’s birthday.
A Baker’s Dozen Reasons Why I Love the Birthday Boy.
1. Every time he goes to 7-11, he asks me if I need anything.
2. He washes my car. Regularly. Shines the tires and everything. He claims it runs better when it’s clean.
3. He’s tender and kind with people over 90, particularly our parents and the Bingo crowd at Brookdale Eau Gallie
4. In the Trent/Smalley personality test, he’s a Golden Retriever. Which means he’s easy-going, dependable, loyal, and humorous. All wonderful traits. He’s actually better than a Golden Retriever because he doesn’t eat off the floor or poop in the yard.
5. He’s a patriotic guy who loved serving in the Air Force. During his active duty years, when he had a day off, my father always asked him who was protecting the country.
6. He wells up watching sweet commercials or shows where little kids are suffering. There’s something beautiful about tears in a man’s eyes.
7. He can make up stuff faster than anyone I know. When our daughter was about 10, she wanted to know why urine is always yellow. My husband replied that urine is waste, so the good things our body needs from the food we eat aren’t yellow, but other colors. Like purple. “So vitamins are purple?” our daughter wondered. “Yep,” he said.
8. He’s an advocate kind of boss. As a manager, he’s the first to offer words of encouragement to his peeps. He helps employees advance and succeed. This makes me very proud.
9. He can chop up any member of the gourd family that I bring home. Acorn squash, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, or pumpkin. He has wrists of steel.
10. He’s generous. He’s not stingy about money or stuff. In fact, he sometimes offers up resources we don’t even have. How sweet is that.
11. He supports everything I ever want to do. From challenging the county school board to making copious misshapen, fairly useless pottery bowls in art class.
12. He brings me chocolate, even when I tell him not to.
13. He still makes me laugh. He always has, but after 33 35 almost 41 years of marriage, that is still a wonderful blessing.
Happy birthday, good guy husband! I hope your day is wonderful!
you know who